Thursday, March 6, 2008

Treats All Around

Have you been outside today? It's gorgeous! Sunshiny and warm and sparkling, mild in every good sense of the word.

I've just had my massage, and am feeling like mush. It's all good. I haven't felt this relaxed in months. And before my time on the heated table, yes, heated, (better than the heated blankets in pre-op), I saw my chiropractor for some good snap, crackle, pops. I've come home for a few minutes to release poor Daisy into the glorious sun, but must put her back inside, alas, because, well, I'm off to have my facial. Am I gloating? Forgive me for not feeling guilty about taking the day to do these things--as is my usual reaction--but I have seen the light.

I can't tell you how wonderful it feels to have this time to take care of myself, and restore a little bit of calm into my body. All these appointments, and not once today did anyone take my vitals!! How great is that?! (pretty great, I will tell you; it was getting to the point that if one more person wrapped the blood pressure strap around my arm, crammed my finger into the little black pulse picker upper, and shoved a thermometer down my throat, I was going to send the poor soul to the floor in my very best rugby tackle.)

I hope you are each and every one of you enjoying this day.

LOVE
L.

No comments: